Thee KB Breaking News Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

John Wall


Sources: Wall picks Kentucky
Top point guard recruit John Wall has told Kentucky coach John Calipari that he will sign with the Wildcats, according to multiple sources, ending a highly publicized courtship with the game-changing player.

Wall, ranked the No. 1 point guard, No. 5 overall, on the ESPNU 100, informed Miami coach Frank Haith Tuesday morning that he had committed to Kentucky. The reasoning, according to a source, was because he just wanted to play for Calipari.

If Calipari had stayed as coach at Memphis, there would have been no drama in Wall's commitment. Privately, Calipari was convinced Wall would have chosen the Tigers, but the coach's departure to Kentucky created a soap opera in the renewed recruiting chase...


The Future of High School: John Wall
John Wall is the most electrifying basketball player in the country. The Word of God (Raleigh, N.C.) senior has Derrick Rose-type skills and looks to be a sure-fire NBA star. He's rated No. 5 in the ESPNU 100.
ESPN RISE: What would be the dream scenario for your future?

Wall: Hopefully go to college as long as I have to, then hopefully the NBA. I think about it a lot. Not too many make it to the NBA. I know how hard you have to work. I love the sport so much. I'm motivated by my dad, who passed away. He'd love for me to make it. I want to do it for mom, who works three or four jobs to take care of me and my sisters.

ESPN RISE: Realistically, where do you see yourself in five to 10 years?

Wall: I do expect to be in the NBA and hopefully be a successful point guard in the NBA. Ever since I was little that was my dream. It's gonna take hard work and dedication and time in college to make me a smarter and better player. It's up to me. Others can help, but I've gotta be the one to do it....

Shanoff's W.U.C.: Wall, Lottery, NBA Picks
Today's Calls: John Wall vs. Kentucky, Blake Griffin vs. Ricky Rubio, Kobe Bryant vs. Chauncey Billups, Nuggets vs. WWE, LeBron vs. Dwight Howard, Jon Gruden vs. Tony Kornheiser, Penguins vs. Hurricanes, John Lackey vs. Mark Teixeira, James Harrison vs. Barack Obama and More.
The Opening Pitch: Mark it down -- Kentucky is going to win the 2010 college hoops national title.

They had already gone from dud to contender by importing John Calipari, who signed a top-flight recruiting class, to go with returning big man Patrick Patterson, the best post player in the country. (They may even get sharp-shooting guard Jodie Meeks back, too.)

Now Coach Cal and the Cats reportedly have John Wall, the top recruiting prize in the country.

Wall will not only step onto UK's campus as the best college player in the country -- he could have been the prize of tonight's NBA Draft Lottery. (Yes: He could have been the No. 1 overall pick in 2009; instead, he will wait a year, but still be the No. 1 pick in the 2010 draft.)...


For more information click on the link to see the source!

Custom Search

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home